Your Guide to the Best Deodorants for Sweaty Women
There’s nothing worse than feeling embarrassing sweat stains seep through your clothes.
Everyone sweats. But some of us sweat a little more than others, and not all deodorants can hold up under pressure.
In this post, we share the best deodorants for women who sweat a lot and offer tips on how to choose a deodorant that’ll keep you cool, calm and collected.
Best Deodorants for Sweating
- Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Degree Dry Deodorant
- Secret Clinical Strength Smooth Solid Women's Deodorant
- Dove Advanced Care Sensitive Antiperspirant
- Almay Sensitive Skin Clear Gel Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Kopari Coconut Deodorant
- Underarmed Active Botanical Luxury Deodorant
- Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes
Excessive Sweating in Women
Sweating is normal and healthy. How much you sweat depends on a wide range of factors, including gender, weight, genetics, environment and diet. Men and women both sweat, but men sweat 40 percent more than women, on average.
Some sweat much more than others, and with good reason. There are two causes of excessive sweating: hyperhidrosis and diaphoresis.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition that makes you sweat more than you should to regulate your body temperature. Nearly 5 percent of the population suffers from hyperhidrosis. While there are treatments for hyperhidrosis, there is no cure.
Diaphoresis, on the other hand, is extreme, all-over sweating due to a specific underlying cause. Common causes of diaphoresis include pregnancy, menopause, specific medical conditions and taking certain medications. Once the cause is treated, the excessive sweating stops.
There are many remedies to prevent underarm sweat. For most sweaty women, an effective deodorant or antiperspirant is an optimal starting point for reducing sweat.
What to Look For in Deodorant
There are two types of products that control odor and sweat: — deodorant and antiperspirant.
Deodorant and antiperspirant are actually two separate products. Deodorants combat body odor, while antiperspirants block sweat. Most of what is referred to as “deodorant” today is actually an antiperspirant/deodorant combination.
In this article, we’ll use “deodorant” to refer to antiperspirant/deodorant products.
When you’re choosing a deodorant, keep these questions in mind:
- Sweating levels: Always dealing with pit stains? If you use deodorant daily and still struggle with sweat stains, try clinical or prescription-strength products.
- Scent: Do you want something that smells good? Whether you like fruity, fresh, or natural, there are great smelling deodorants that actually work.
- Skin sensitivity: Is your skin sensitive to chemicals? Do you develop rashes? You’ll want a deodorant that is unscented or includes moisturizers to lessen irritation.
- Ingredients: Are you vegan, or looking for something with natural ingredients? While many concerns about toxins in antiperspirants have been disputed, you may still prefer natural options.
Best Deodorant for Sweaty Women
What’s the best deodorant for women? Check out these top-rated options and see how they stack up.
Maybe you sweat occasionally, like during a good workout. If you experience a few sweating bouts here and there, start with a standard over-the-counter product.
- 0% alcohol formula
- 48-hour protection
- Unique ¼ moisturizers help underarm skin recover from shaving irritation
- 48-hour protection
- Clear - leaves no white stains on clothing
Clinical strength deodorants contain higher concentrations of active ingredients. Try a clinical strength deodorant if regular strength products don’t keep you dry enough.
- 48-hour protection
- Available in invisible solid, clear gel and soft solid formulas
- #1 selling clinical antiperspirant brand and winner of Allure’s 2018 Best Of Beauty Expert Award
- Up to 72-hour protection
- One of the most potent antiperspirants you can buy without a prescription
- Doctor-recommended hyperhidrosis treatment
Sensitive Skin Deodorants
Red, irritated skin under your arms can be a nuisance. Products that contain aluminum or other chemicals are the leading cause of irritated skin in your armpits. For those with sensitive skin, consider using products that are fragrance-free and alcohol-free.
- Fragrance-free antiperspirant/deodorant
- 48-hours of protection that also moisturizes and smooths your skin
- 24-hour protection
- Quick-drying formula
- Dermatologist and allergy tested
If you’re trying to limit your exposure to chemicals, natural deodorants are an excellent choice. Natural deodorants don’t block sweat, but they help control body odor and keep bacteria at bay with a combination of natural ingredients like oil, clay and baking soda.
- Plant-based and aluminum-free
- Dermatologist tested
- Gluten and cruelty-free
- All organic ingredients
- Recyclable BPA-free container
- 48 hours of protection
- Sprays on dry
- 0% alcohol formula helps reduce skin irritation
- 100% vegan & cruelty-free
- Lightly scented towelettes infused with coconut milk and essential oils
- Natural deodorizing blend
Double Up Your Protection With a Thompson Tee
Sweat is completely natural – but sweat marks and yellow stains can be stressful and embarrassing.
A great sweat proof undershirt is the perfect sidekick to a reliable deodorant. The women's Thompson Tee is one of the most versatile sweat proof shirts on the market — wear it as a stylish shirt on its own, or as an undershirt to stop sweaty pits in their tracks.
The patented sweat proof technology protects your favorite shirts from sweat stains, deodorant and antiperspirant marks and body odor. Save money on dry-cleaning bills and keep your clothes fresh!