The Best Deodorants That Prevent Armpit Sweat Stains
Best Deodorant For Sweat
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Solid Deodorant
- Degree Ultraclear Black + White Dry Spray Antiperspirant
Deodorant Dove Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Old Spice Invisible Solid Secret Certain Dri
You walk out of the restroom and catch a flash of yourself in the mirror. Great. Sweat stains.
We’ve all been there. It might be a nerve-wracking first date that gives you stress sweats. Maybe the office is scorching that day. Or, you just sweat heavily for no reason.
Deodorant masks B.O., but it’s not enough. You need something stronger that will stop embarrassing armpit sweat stains, too. Luckily, we’ve done the research to find the best deodorants for sweat.
How to Prevent Armpit Sweat Stains
First, let’s clarify what types of sweat stains we're talking about.
Bouts of sweating can soak your shirt with dark, damp armpit sweat stains. Deodorant also leaves white stains on your clothes — it’s especially apparent on dark clothing. Finally, when your clear sweat interacts with aluminum (a common ingredient in antiperspirants), it causes annoying yellow armpit sweat stains that linger and ruin your clothing.
Luckily, we’ve got you’ve covered on all fronts.
There are a few steps you can take to stop armpit sweat stains.
- Choose loose clothing made of natural fibers such as cotton or bamboo. Loose clothing improves air circulation so your sweat can evaporate quicker.
- Wear a sweat proof undershirt. Adding a layer of sweat protection blocks sweat and prevents any chance of armpit sweat stains.
- Give your deodorant time to dry. Applying deodorant correctly is important. Make sure your deodorant is dry before getting dressed. It’ll be more effective and won’t leave white deodorant stains on your clothes. Certain deodorants such as clinical-strength antiperspirants need to be applied at night.
- Go easy on deodorant application. Don’t cake on the deodorant, either. It sounds counterintuitive, but too much deodorant causes yellow staining.
Deodorants That Prevent Armpit Sweat Stains
We scoured the web, reviews and did our own experiences and tests. Here are some of the best deodorants that prevent armpit sweat stains. (Bonus, several of them do double-duty and prevent white deodorant stains as well. Win-win.)
One note — they’re grouped by gender, so they’re easier to find if you’re looking for them in the drugstore, but don’t feel like you need to stay in your “lane.” Many women swear by men’s deodorant and vice versa. It’s about finding the best option that works for you.
Best Deodorant for Sweat
We've done a lot of research on the best deodorants out there. Here are our favorite deodorants for sweat and why we're such big fans:
- Arm & Hammer Essentials Solid Deodorant
One of our personal favorites (it’s a great natural option, too.) We put natural deodorants to the test, and Arm & Hammer Solid deodorant fought odor and yellow sweat stains like a champ.
- Degree Ultraclear Black + White Dry Spray Antiperspirant Deodorant
The title is a mouthful, but the reviews are good. Degree’s clear spray for men was created to prevent underarm sweating and avoid white deodorant stains. (They made a women’s version too, but the reviews aren’t as good.)
- Dove Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant
This one popped up in reviews again and again. It’s an excellent clinical strength option that is also gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- Old Spice Invisible Solid
Old Spice dries quickly, goes on clear and keeps you feeling dry.
See more natural deodorant options for hyperhidrosis here.
The Invisible Solid and Clinical Strength are both highly rated to prevent armpit stains (both pit stains and deodorant stains.)
- Certain Dri
This is a great unisex, clinical strength option for heavy sweating. Make sure to follow application instructions on this one.
If you’re looking for deodorants to prevent white stains, try gel, roll-on or spray deodorant.
Back Up Your Deodorant With a Sweat Proof Undershirt
Even if you're using the best deodorant for sweat, no deodorant is 100 percent sweat proof — and it doesn’t last forever.
Get even more antiperspirant protection by adding a sweat proof undershirt to your routine. Thompson Tee’s patented sweat proof technology completely blocks underarm sweat from reaching your outer layer. Try one risk-free today, eliminate sweat stains from your life for good!