The struggle is real when it comes to looking for a deodorant that combats odor and stops sweat. So we've done the research for you and rounded up our top 8 deodorants that prevent sweat and yellow stains!
Best Deodorant For Sweat
To block odor, prevent sweat and combat yellow stains, try these deodorants:
- Degree: Cool Rush Original Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Arm & Hammer: Essentials Solid Deodorant
- Real Purity: Roll-On Deodorant
- Degree: Ultraclear Black + White Dry Spray Antiperspirant
Deodorant Dove: Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Secret: Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Old Spice: Pure Sport + Sweat Defense Soft Solid Antiperspirant CertainDri: Prescription-Strength Antiperspirant
Pro-tip: Want to get the most mileage out of your deodorant or antiperspirant? Pair your favorite product with a Thompson Tee undershirt — the only patented sweat proof shirt that's guaranteed to absorb 100% of underarm sweat and prevent pit stains. Try it risk-free today.
You might notice there aren't many deodorants that prevent sweat — most are only designed to mask body odor. That's because aluminum, the main compound in antiperspirant, is the primary sweat-stopping ingredient. Many products are advertised as deodorant/antiperspirant combinations.
So while deodorant masks B.O., it’s not enough for heavier sweaters. You'll likely need something stronger that will stop embarrassing armpit sweat stains too.
Deodorants That Prevent Sweat & Yellow Stains
We scoured the web, reviews and did our own experiences and tests. Here are some of the best deodorants that prevent armpit sweat stains. (Bonus, several of them do double-duty and prevent white deodorant stains as well. Win-win.)
Pro-tip: Many women swear by men’s deodorant (and vice versa). It’s about finding the best option that works for you. Don't be afraid about trying different options until you find the perfect fit.
1. Degree: Cool Rush Original Antiperspirant Deodorant
Both men and women are fans of this bestselling antiperspirant deodorant. Degree's original Cool Rush antiperspirant lasts up to 48 hours and provides solid sweat and odor protection.
Price: $3, available here in singles and packs of 3.
2. Arm & Hammer: Essentials Solid Deodorant
Arm & Hammer's deodorant options rank high on our list. They're super affordable and aluminum-free, so if you're concerned about chemicals in your product, you won't have to worry. If you're searching for a reliable daily option that fights odor and sweat stains like a champ, look no further.
Note that Arm & Hammer's deodorants contain baking soda so if you have sensitive skin, you may want to stick to a purely natural deodorant.
Price: $3, available at armandhammer.com and major retailers.
3. Real Purity: Roll-On Deodorant
Most natural deodorants contain few ingredients that stop sweat. However, Real Purity's roll-on deodorant features organic aloe and kosher vegetable glycerin that promote dryness and freshness while masking odors with a mix of essential oils. Hooray!
Price: $13, available at realpurity.com and health stores and retailers.
4. Degree: Ultraclear Black + White Dry Spray Antiperspirant Deodorant
Dry spray deodorant antiperspirants are popular for heavy sweaters and those on the go! Dry spray deodorants dry instantly, don't leave residue (which means no deodorant stains or armpit sweat stains!) and typically last 24 to 48 hours for all-day protection.
Degree's bestselling dry spray deodorants feature MotionSense technology that improves effectiveness whenever you move.
Price: $6, available at degreedeodorant.com and major retailers.
5. Dove: Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant Deodorant
Dove's Men+Care Clinical Protection Antiperspirant is perfect for those who sweat often. It’s an excellent clinical strength option that is also gentle enough for sensitive skin.
This product features clinical-strength protection against sweat and odor and lasts 24 to 48 hours.
Price: $8, available at dove.com and major retailers.
6. Secret: Clinical Strength Pure Solid Antiperspirant Deodorant
Secret's clinical strength products are a highly-rated option for women. The Clinical Strength Pure Solid antiperspirant deodorant offers double sweat protection versus traditional products and lasts up to 48 hours.
Reviewers also love Secret's classic Invisible Solid option — great for those who sweat a little less.
Price: $8, available at secret.com and major retailers.
7. Old Spice: Pure Sport + Sweat Defense Antiperspirant Deodorant
Love Old Spice scents, but don't feel like you're getting enough sweat protection? Try their Pure Sport + Sweat Defense antiperspirant deodorant, which is designed to withstand sweat and odor even better than their original Pure Sport stick.
Price: $6, available at oldspice.com and major retailers.
8. CertainDri Prescription-Strength Antiperspirant
CertainDri is a fantastic option for those who deal with hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating. Although it's available over the counter, it's also prescription-strength, so be sure to follow the application instructions to a tee.
Price: $10, available at certaindri.com and major retailers.
Tips to Stop Armpit Stains & Yellow Stains
Deodorant can leave white armpit stains that are especially apparent on dark clothing. If you use antiperspirant, you might notice yellow stains, particularly on your white shirts. When your sweat (which is clear) interacts with aluminum (a common ingredient in antiperspirants), it causes yellow armpit sweat stains that linger and ruin your clothing.
Aside from antiperspirant or deodorant, there are a few additional steps you can take to stop armpit sweat stains:
- Wear natural fabrics: Choose loose clothing made of natural materials such as cotton or bamboo. Loose clothing improves air circulation so your sweat can evaporate quicker.
- Wear a sweat proof undershirt: Adding a layer of protection blocks armpit sweat and prevents any chance of armpit stains or yellow marks. Try the Thompson Tee for men and women.
- Apply deodorant and antiperspirant correctly: It's best to apply at night before bed so your skin has more time to soak up the ingredients. Make sure your pits are completely dry. Certain deodorants such as clinical-strength antiperspirants need to be applied at night.
- Go easy on application: Don’t cake on the deodorant or antiperspirant. It sounds counterintuitive, but over-application causes yellow staining and will leave more residue on your clothes.
Back Up Your Deodorant With a Sweat Proof Undershirt
Even if you're using the best deodorant for sweat, no product is 100% sweat proof — and it doesn’t last forever.
Get even more antiperspirant protection by adding a sweat proof undershirt to your routine. Thompson Tee's patented sweat proof technology completely blocks underarm sweat from reaching your outer layer.
Try one risk-free today and eliminate sweat stains from your life for good!
Not a heavy sweater? Try our odor-blocking premium undershirt made with 50% Supima cotton and 50% MicroModal blend, and infused with revolutionary Odor Shield™ technology. The new, fitted design is a versatile piece that is sure to become a closet staple!